Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy Spring! An Update on All Things!

Hi Everyone! My apologies for being a M.I.A. blogger. SXSW weekend I came down with a bad cold, and I've been missing in action for two weeks! I am finally recovering (and going to see Anthony Bourdain tonight at the Paramount, yipee!)

Not much in shop news to report, other than I am slowly getting new items listed on etsy that I made a while back for the Wondercraft Grand Opening and SXSW selling on SoCo that I didn't get to do. (I plan on selling on SoCo in May--I will keep you posted!). I did get to see a few bands (including Low Anthem, the Cave Singers, Man Man, and She & Him)  at SXSW before I got really sick!

I finished up my silversmithing class at Doughtery Arts on Monday. I can't wait to show you pictures of the rings I made, and a pendant, and earrings. I made one ring out of vintage foil-backed Harlequin glass and another ring of gallery wire and prehnite. The pendant, I made out out of antique, white, floral glass in a paisley shape. Plus I made some hammered bands for Mike and I and several pairs of earring wires. I will get photos up soon!

Other than that, a lot of my creative energy is going to wedding planning and wedding-stuff-making. I made a batch of aqua and red buttoniers for the fellas. I will take some photos of those, too.  And I customized a guest book and made a flower girl's basket and need to start work on the ring bearer's pillow. Plus I made an awesome hair clip for myself to wear! I need to make hairclips and necklaces for my bridesladies, too... I gave up on making my own veil though, and think I will order one soon.

Plus Mike and I took our first batch of engagement photos to try out photographers--it was actually a lot of fun. We ventured all over SoCo and South Austin. I can't wait to share those, too... More wedding planning and crafts can be found over at my other blog.

Thanks for reading! Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment