Details as promised! I will be manning the booth 4-6pm Sunday, and will probably be there a good chunk of the weekend for events. Hit me up before then if you want an Etsy bandanna or a Etsy Austin sticker!
Etsy is headed to SXSW and we'd love to see you there! Join us at Venue 222 in the heart of downtown Austin for two full days and nights of DIY + Handmade + Music goodness. Stop by and get your hands dirty with upcycling tees into bags, painting shot glasses, screenprinting, handmade music, buttons, DJs, bands and more!
Stay after-hours as we transform our craft labs into a rocking lounge with live music from Neighbors, The Black Angels, Quintron & Miss Pussycat, DJ Rana June (the iPad DJ)! Plus, a DIY fashion show of Etsy and BurdaStyle members from across the USA.
Excited? So are we. Tweet us #EtsyAustin
Here's the line-up:
SATURDAY, MARCH 12
• Noon-4pm: Crafting, screenprinting, mingling, and more.
• 4-6pm: Code as Craft: Moving Fast at Scale, a mini-conference with the Etsy engineering team (http://etsy.me/foInRq)
• 6-8PM: Online/Offline: A Meetup for Social Media + Community Managers, hosted by Etsy, Meetup.com, Google, and #CMMeetup (RSVP here: http://etsy.me/SXSWmeetup).
• 8PM-close: Live performances by Neighbors (http://neighborsmusic.com/) and the Black Angels (http://theblackangels.com/).
SUNDAY, MARCH 13
• Noon-1pm: Stop by for our Etsy-approved hangover kits and come chat with the Etsy team.
• 1-4pm: Handmade Music Craft Session & live performance.
• 5pm: People Powered Communities Panel with Nora Abousteit (co-Founder BurdaStyle), Mr. Bob Nanna (Threadless), Micki Krimmel (Neighborgoods.net), Charles Adler (Kickstarter) and Vanessa Bertozzi (Director of Community and Education, Etsy).
• 7pm: Live performance by Quintron and Ms. Pussycat (http://www.quintronandmisspussycat.com/).
• 9pm: BurdaStyle DIY Fashion Show (http://www.burdastyle.com/blog/meet-the-designers-burdastyle-diy-fashion-show).
• 10pm-close: Live performance by DJ Rana June (http://www.destroythesilence.com/).
All our Austin events are free and open to the public. 21+ where required. Stop by anytime to chat with our Etsy team since we'd love to meet you. Our Etsy Austin street team (http://etsyaustin.blogspot.com/) will also be helping us hit as much ground as we can cover. To follow along, tweet us using the hashtag #EtsyAustin. Plus, share your tips, recommendations and photos below! We can't wait to see you in Austin!