Monday, December 6, 2010

Wedding DIY

Here are some of the DIY projects we took on for our recet wedding. I got photographer photos back a few weeks ago and haven't had the chance to share yet. There are even more projects we did than are shown here, regrettably, I didn't get photos of them all!

I custom made the ringbearer pillow with this fantastic papel picado print I found at Vista Latina. The rings attached for show I'd even made in silversmithing class! I also made the boutonnieres, as you can see here, for all of the groomsmen, our ringbearer, and the guy of honor on my side. The coordinating papel picado/Dia de Los Muertos ties are from Cyberoptix.

I also made the flower girl's basket (and hair clip, not pictured here).

With the help of lady pals the morning of the wedding, I made this bouquet. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out! We trimmed the flower budget by buying in bulk from Costco online. Which brings us to our centerpieces...
We hand painted mason jars with aqua vitreous paint, then baked them, and added coordinating ribbons.Then just set a colorful, European-style pre-made bouquet into each one.

You can sort of see in the background the card box I made. I found the base at Hobby Lobby and painted it a coordinating aqua. I handlettered "Cards" and added the same papel picado print as above. Also on top...

...were little skulls I handmade from clay. They kind of look a bit like us...

Above are some signs and a chalkboard the groom made for the wedding!

Maybe one day soon I can create some tutorials!

No comments:

Post a Comment